Ideas for LD36
So I had a bunch of ideas for Ludum Dare 36, as I tried to come up with an idea for each idea. As luck would have it, the theme was the one that I didn’t plan for, but these ideas could still be made to work. (Edit: I wasn’t able to finish anything for LD 36 due to life getting in the way)
Ideas for each possible theme:
- A different kind of Combat: Build a better color scheme to win in cage/WWE fights
- Alchemy: Top-down collect-a-thon for the ULTIMATE POTION
- Beyond the Wall: You try to leave the town that no one leaves. Ever. And there isn’t a way out.
- Controlling Many: Change your color (red,blue,yellow) to get people to follow you and solve physics puzzles
- Day and Night: During the day you can move, at night try to survive the challenge of where you are to reap the reward.
- Don’t Kill Anything: You have crazy neighbors and you’re on the BRINK of killing them. Use QTE’s?
- Going Deeper: Using a trusty hookshot, find and slay the Balrog of Morgoth
- Hunted: You are a fox. The hounds are coming. Jump and dig your way to vitctory
- Inconvenient Superpowers: You are made of rock. Try not to break anything during your daily life.
- Isolation: Abducted by Aliens, try to lose your mind in the most harmless way possible.
- Keep It Alive: The plant giving you O2 needs water and light, both in short supply down here
- Level Changes While You’re Playing: Dash from safe chamber to save chamber as water alternates with lava in filling the screen
- Magic Gone Wrong: You’re a newt trying to become human again.
- One Enemy: The Black night REALLY wants to keep you from passing him on the road
- One Room: Chase that darn button around the room, but you have to deal with the fact that button doesn’t want to be pushed
- Plan then Execute: You are a jet-lagged sleepwalker with a timed safe that you need to get into.
- Power Source: Using junctions, complete the wiring
- Start Small: Metriodvania
- Upgrade: Platformer where every time you land, you get an extra jump/boost that needs to be used on the next jump.
Published August 24th, 2016